There are many thoughts rambling in my head and a to-do list as long as my arm, so naturally, I am sitting down to compose a blog post ;)
It has been quite some time since plastic toys, sippy cups, dress-up clothes, and trains have been underfoot, but I am discovering a whole new passel of things as my growing kids just keep growing. Here are ten surefire ways to know you have pre-teens/teens/later elementary age kids in your house. Yes, moms with kids in diapers....I am here to gently inform that you will still have "stuff." And places to go and see and do. All the time and Everywhere. For quite some time. Here goes:
1) There is always at least one hoodie hanging around on the back of a couch, kitchen chair, or stair banister. It will hang anywhere, really, except around the shoulders of its owner. It is usually inside-out.
2) Grocery shopped today?? Great!! You're snack selection will last for approximately 12.4 hours. After which you will be forced to get your creative self in gear and convince everyone that saltines with a smear of mustard is FANTASTIC!!
3) The first time you don't have to go anywhere, cart anyone around, arrange a carpool, or think through the logistics of getting three kids around with only two parents will feel like a day at the spa.
4) Papers. Everywhere. And if you leave a couple of them out overnight, they will procreate in mass quantities by morning time.
5) Backpacks left on the floor that become a major tripping hazard.
6) Can I have so-and-so and then a couple of more friends over this weekend? Just for a few hours on Friday night. Hello, extra teenagers. It's Sunday now, dears.
7) I need a ride. And my friends do, too. No wait, their mom is driving us. Can you pick us up? No wait, her mom is still at work, can you drive us? Her dad can bring us home. Actually, can you just be around in case we need a ride?? Because I'm not sure how we are getting there. Or home. Okay, I've got my phone, I'll call text you.
8) Where is my phone??? I think I left it on the window ledge.....or at school. Or maybe at the orthodontist.
9) Now that school starts early, the toddler than leaped out of bed at 5:30 a.m. ON THE NOSE everyday for 3 years will now barely budge when the alarm blares at that same hour.
But....the bright side.....
10) Bedtime.....your kids will now tuck you in!
No comments:
Post a Comment