September 21st is THE BIG DAY!!!!! My first (and probably only) FULL MARATHON!!!!!
Everybody, I am SO nervous! I am thinking back to the day before my first half-marathon a few years ago, and I think it is about the same intensity of feeling, but knowing the distance is so much longer is really messing with me. I am trying to stay positive and visualize crossing that finish line, but doubt does keep creeping in.
I have read over and over that at this point I just need to trust my training, but the fact is, I didn't get as far into training as I had hoped. I made it to 16 miles (at which point I hurt my foot) and ran various distances up to 10 miles after that, but I am wishing I could have gotten to 20.
So, I am going to try my best, run for fun, enjoy the scenery and the company of a few thousand new friends, and make crossing the finish line my goal, even if it isn't fast or pretty. I have a great running buddy, and she always reminds me that "slow and steady wins the race." Or, as we like to say, we at least get it done ;)
The clothes are laid out, the race packet picked up, the alarm is set.......
Here goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment