How are you all out there?!?!?!
I am sitting at my computer at 4:41 (or is it 3:41?!?!) and it is as bright as can be outside.
I am not a fan of the "spring ahead" time change.
Mainly because there is still snow on the ground and it doesn't seem right to have daylight at 7pm when all the good folks I know are in their PJ's at 5:00.
I'm all for extra daylight May- August, but until then, I will take the early morning light that has just started at 6 a.m for the past 2 weeks until it has been ripped away from us and sets us all back into the dark until around 7:15. And makes the kids oversleep (namely, the one that has to be on the bus at 7, ere go, needing a ride to school ;)
So, that was the start to my Monday.
In other news, it warmed up to 50 (50!) today, so it was fun to get outside a bit.
I've tried to write this post a few times, and thoughts have swirled around my head multiple times, but I just haven't been able to get it right. I'm just going to put this out there. So, with that ringing endorsement, here goes:
When I look back at pictures of all the cakes/cookies/cake pops/fun baking stuff, I realized how much of that I really don't do anymore. I guess between children that are growing and needing more of my time in various ways, (yes, moms of babies and toddlers, it's the big secret no one tells you....let's get the word out!) working part-time, keeping up with the house, errands, chores, relationships, friendships, some semblance of dinner, laundry, and a myriad of other daily things, there isn't the time for elaborate decorating or recipe experimenting. It's even tricky to find time to download (upload?!?) the pictures from my camera.
And truthfully? The kids (and Jerry:) are happy with the same chocolate chip cookies or brownies that I've made dozens of times. Heartwarming, but not exactly exciting blog fodder.
And, then there is the 40 year-old metabolism thing. Kids, those treats are not friends of your waistline after a certain age. (I also feel we should get the word out on this matter as well.) Sad, but true :( So, I'm trying to eat healthy most of the time while learning how to better balance smaller treat portions - a hard, hard thing for this cookie dough and frosting lovin' girl.
So, I hope to continue writing about daily life SOMEWHAT more consistently, but I'm not sure how many baking/treat pictures will end up here. Of course, as I say that, I have a cake to make for a birthday this week, plus a couple pans of bars for a fundraiser, but again, it will most likely be something quick and easy and a recipe that I've made and blogged about before.
I do hope that one day I will have a few more hours to really perfect frosting roses, or try to make up some of my own recipes, or at least tinker a bit with some of my favorites, but for now, I shall continue to enjoy seeing how those closest to me light up when even a simple pan of from-the-box brownies are pulled from the oven.
Though, I probably will add some frosting (not from a can!) and sprinkles to give it "just a little something."
Thanks for those of you who stop by to catch up with my musings - and I promise, this isn't goodbye! Just a little more of a curve in the road:)
I love following you here . . .whether about cookies, running or whatever!! A friend of a friend asked if I had considered monetizing my blog, which I guess is fancy for putting ads and getting paid. I feel like that is more of a commitment to blogging than I can give right now. I do feel like it's easier than journaling and way easier than scrapbooking, but if I miss a day or five, I don't want to feel bad about it, you know?
ReplyDelete