Monday, December 2, 2013

The giving of the thanks

So, another Thanksgiving weekend has come and gone.  And my house has the aftermath to prove it.  That wouldn't be so remarkable if I had hosted the holiday,  but the fact that all we did was make desserts (yes, I completely forgot to take pictures) and drive an hour and a half makes that last statement seem sort of sad and disorganized!

My kids had the whole week off, which means sending them back to school today is both sad and incredibly exciting all at the same time ;)  I knew this morning would be a bit of a rough wake-up call, so I made lunches last night and decided that would be my Thanksgiving resolution - to completely prepare everything the night before and have the counters completely clear and wiped down.

Then this morning they all wanted 3 different kinds of toast and it was enough to make me want to crawl into a corner and drink coffee and eat leftover Thanksgiving dessert.

So, soldiering on........I looked at the calendar and how many days are left until Christmas, mentally calculated the birthday that is smack dab in the middle, considered all that is left to be done, and.......went to the corner to drink coffee and eat chocolate pre-8 a.m.

I kid,  I kid.  I am going to the kitchen right now to make this power smoothie.  I found the idea on Pinterest and it really does taste like a pina colada.  Add a handful of almonds as a side, and you have a nice way to power up for your day and whatever it holds.

1 cup coconut milk
1 small banana
1/4 cup pineapple
1 small drop coconut extract
1 small drop stevia (if desired, you can add more or omit completely - the banana and pineapple are quite sweet on their own)

Mix all ingredients in a blender, add some ice for extra "tropicalness."

Just add a mental beach to really get that "I'm outta here" feeling. 

Here's to a fresh new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment