Monday, October 14, 2013

I bet Christopher Columbus never envisioned this

Happy Columbus Day!  I'm not sure how much of a holiday this is for everyone, but around these parts the kids are off school. 

And how are we celebrating??

By doing a whole lot of nothing.

And by nothing, I mean that I am keeping up with my normal glam life of pancake flipping, laundry switching and toilet scrubbing.

While the kids play with their new pets.........

Yep, you heard me.  After seven blissful pet-free years, we are now amongst those whose children have worn down and guilted out every last bit of reserve that was once clung to ever so tightly.

I will try to post pics tomorrow, right now I'm trying to make sure the little gals aren't too "over loved." 

P.S.  They are guinea pigs.  And they are quite cute.  I'm hoping this is enough to get me over my need to breathe into a paper bag anytime I think of cleaning out the cage.  Because as one of my friends stated over the weekend, "We changed diapers for 7 years. (9 for me)  We are not over it yet."  And all the mothers said, "AMEN."

No comments:

Post a Comment