Monday, June 17, 2013

Making a list, checking it twice

I secretly (not so secret now) love Mondays.  I like the feel of a fresh new week and a chance to set the bar high. 

My very favorite part?  Starting a fresh new to-do list.  I love list making and putting that little check mark next to the completed task. I am one of those people that will write an item on the list that I already accomplished just so I can check it off ;)

So, in an effort to be disciplined all around, my first goal of the day was to get to the gym and do a few weight machines before the 5:30 a.m. spin class.    I arrived a little after 5 and worked my arms a bit before tackling the bike. 

The second worst part about being sick is that I always feel I've lost my edge when I resume working out.  It usually only takes a week or so to get back to where I was, but those first few workouts feel like I am just showing up, at best.  But, I got through it and it does make me feel like I can tackle the day since I crossed that first hurdle.

Next up?  Lots of phone calls, emails, etc. that JUST NEED TO GET DONE.  They don't even take that long, it's more the mental aspect of the whole thing.

Then laundry and dusting.  I cannot even stomach the thought of really dusting EVERYTHING, so my list just reads "start dusting."  And I did - 2 dresser tops ;)

Plus, need to get the kids back on track with reading consistently and working on some math sheets.

But, they start swim lessons today, and it's supposed to be hot here, so that will be a good reward!

And my reward?  Lots and lots of check marks.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment