So, it's summer and the livin' is easy, right??
Until mom gets the stomach flu - UGH!
We had a great weekend with beautiful weather, softball and baseball games, and a Sunday BBQ with friends. Monday, Jerry and my mom worked on painting "the basement that is still dead to me" (more on that later.)
On Tuesday, we went to an amusement park ALL DAY and into the night with my brother-in-law and family and the kids had a fabulous time. I rode just a few rides (can I get an AMEN for having kids that are all old/tall enough to ride without a parent!?!?) Except for the ones that do require a parent - thanks, honey, you're the best! ;)
Anyway, we got home late, and my stomach just felt really carnival-like. In case you're not sure what that is, it's too many of the wrong foods such as pizza, fries, popcorn and melty ice cream eaten in a way-to-fast fashion because it was running over the cup. And who in their right mind wants to waste a 6.00 Cold Stone ice cream?!?!?
And a stop at Taco Bell on the way home.
So, I just assumed I was feeling a little off.
Until yesterday when I felt feverish, light-headed, and couldn't stand up for more than a minute at a time and spent all day in bed.
Well, I did revive pretty quickly for the forgotten visit of the Terminix man - I'm sure his first thought about seeing me was, "Lady, if you would just show your sick self to the pests, you would no longer have a pest problem, because they would be OUTTA HERE!"
And then we heard sirens later in the evening, so I hobbled down to the couch in the basement while the kids ate pizza. Jerry worked on the putting the basement bath fixtures back together and I am realizing today that I have some hazy memories of "Wheel of Fortune" being on TV.
So, I'm feeling about 60 percent better today. Which is a huge improvement over the 0 percent of yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment