Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday Musings

How was your weekend?

Guess what I did??

I attempted a half-marathon that I didn't train for......

didn't even sign up for until Thursday.....

And what I learned was this.....

It's never a good idea to run a race that you haven't trained for.

Yes,  I'm speaking literally, but I'm guessing there is a huge figurative meaning too.

So, it was my worst time race ever, since I ended up walking part of it, but I'm still glad for lessons learned and for JUST GETTING ACROSS THAT FINISH LINE!  Yes, more lessons figurative and literal abound.

More tomorrow once I get off the couch ;)

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I am signed up for a half marathon in 3 weeks. I have not trained. At. All. It's summer in the South. It's too freakin' hot to run. The only running I"m doing is sprints in bootcamp. I'm up a creek, aren't I?

    ReplyDelete