Saturday, July 17, 2010

MUFA's

Oh dear, the cake and chocolate girl is taking a turn toward the healthy side...and then blogging about it...sigh.

MUFA.....a word that sounds like it should be hanging out in a Jim Henson workshop or with a certain boy who runs a chocolate factory.

That was one of my first thoughts when I first heard this acronym. It's certainly a much easier way to say "monounsaturated fatty acids" which, according to everyone, everywhere these days is the newest health trend. I have a feeling it will run its course like everything else does, but I have been looking at the list of MUFA foods and I have to say I really enjoy ALOT of them. I'm not overly hopeful about the "flat belly" thing they promise.....(isn't a little belly flab standard issue once you've had 3 kids??) but so many of these healthful foods are great for you anyhow, so go ahead and enjoy. Here's a sampling of what I've incorporated into my diet today:



In case you are wondering about the unmarked bag, it's quinoa. This grain took me awhile to get used to, but now I am hooked and eat it at least twice a week. It cooks up in about 12 minutes and taste great with a little olive oil drizzled over.


This is what my afternoon snack was.......

Did you see the 2 Dove dark chocolates? This is the best part of all.....DARK CHOCOLATE IS ON THE MUFA LIST!!!! In moderation of course, blah, blah, blah. Now, if only I can find some way to incorporate coffee with cream onto the list, I'll be set!

1 comment:

  1. Any diet that incorporates dark chocolate is alright with me!!

    About the sugar pearls on my cupcakes, I ordered them from Country Kitchen SweetArt, but just recently I saw them at Michael's in several different "pearly" shades. I'm not sure if they will carry them at your local store or not, but you might want to check!
    Thanks for all your nice comments!!

    ReplyDelete