Thursday, August 4, 2016

Hello again, Tybee Island, and back to school shopping

Well there is a whole lotta info in one title.  Where, oh where is the summer going?!?!?

Before I recap a vacation from a month ago,  (????)  I am happy to report that School Supply Shopping 2016 is DONE.  Until somebody forgets they need something, or a teacher sends a reminder for another item. 

I try to remember what a privilege it is to buy new supplies for my kids, and how many kids don't get to attend school and, (gasp!) how many don't live within 5 miles of a Target. 

That said, can I just admit how relieved I am approximately $3,967 later to be done??  Yes, I kid about the amount, give or take 10.00 

So.....there are just under 3 weeks of summer break left for my kids, and I want to be able to enjoy some more summer stuff.  I told them we would be up and out early, get it done, put it away, and then not think about school.  Until the afternoon when the schools started sending us the 476 "dates to remember" emails. I kid, give or take 10 emails.

BUT - back to the beach!!

I had heard great things about Tybee Island for years.  I knew it was somewhat near Savannah, so when we started planning our trip, I researched a bit.  In just under 1/2 hour, we escaped the heat of the city and embraced the scorching heat of the beach.  I'm not generally a "get in lake or beach water" kind of gal. (I love the IDEA of the beach - just as I enjoy the IDEA of skiing.  I much prefer a chair, a book, and a beverage at either sand or lodge.) ;) 

But that heat and humidity!!!!  So, I waded in, and eventually enjoyed some time on the kick boards.

I LOVED seeing this beautiful flag upon arrival!
 A wedding on the beach!  Because of the heat (I'm guessing), it was held in the late morning, and a bit later when I looked back, EVERYTHING was packed up and gone!  I laughed to myself thinking how quickly they must have hightailed it out of there to (hopefully!) a cooler place for the reception.
 A barge.  We saw several of these.
 The boardwalk to the beach.  It was fun to see the houses nearby and of course, pick one out. :)
 My family, splashing and having fun.
 Yes, it may be federally approved, but are the bacteria levels Mindy approved?!??
 Goody-bye, Tybee.  You are a sight to behold.

Ok, off to finish some cake orders, and unpack from our last little trip of the summer.  I will try to report back soon with the rest of the Savannah pictures and recap.  Rome wasn't built in a day......

No comments:

Post a Comment