Saturday, May 21, 2016

May Days!

Hello out there!  It is a peaceful and beautiful Saturday with no work, no games, no meets.  Just a gorgeous, sunny, breezy day.  I went for a run, the kids are doing their own thing and getting ready to play outside, and I am catching up on a few things with the windows wide open.  Can I click the "LOVE" button on this day?!?!?

(Though as soon as I sat down to blog, the doorbell rang, everybody started running up and down the stairs, and all activity that was happening 5 minutes before ceased and 2/3 either needed something or had to tell me an update that required my getting up from computer.  True story.)

I took some time to upload my phone photos since all the days blur together, and though I remember being busy and active, I can't actually recall what happened when.  So glad for cameras/phones!!

So.......it's been a lot of baking, kid activities, and a few animal shots thrown in for good measure.  :)







It is the season of graduations, showers, camp-outs, and confirmations.  It's a close runner-up to Christmas as being my favorite baking season!



The graduation caps are one of the things I enjoy most.  The base is two peanut butter cups stacked on top of each other and "glued" together with frosting, and the top is a chocolate square.  I braid embroidery floss for the tassel - the only non-edible on the cake!





Cats + selfies - does the Internet get any better?!?!?



"Seriously, lady, they get that I'm cute.  Enough already."


These are from a few weeks ago when we visited my friend Parker.  This is Thomas the cat.  As in, Tomcat.  Isn't he the best???












Duck Crossing!!



RANDOM GUINEA PIG PHOTO!!!!  (aka, pigs ON a blanket)






AND......last, but not least


Mother's Day gifts from my hubby and kids :)

In other news, our 16 year old is a licensed driver!!!  I'm already mulling over the summer driving schedule as she starts a job next week. 

There are 2-3 more days of school, depending on the child/school, and then SUMMER!!!  I cannot even believe it.

Life certainly isn't slowing down, but we are handling it day by day!!













 

No comments:

Post a Comment