Saturday, August 29, 2015

Ready!

Yes, I realize I haven't posted in nearly a month. 

End of summer, school supplies, school shopping, school schedules, school clothes, school lunches, work, keep up with the house and activities.  Repeat. 

But, I'm putting all that aside for now, because......

Race day is tomorrow!  It's time for another 1/2 marathon!  I love the night before a race.  It's exciting and nerve wracking, and stressful, and wonderful.  I picked up race packets today and have everything laid out for the morning.  It has been rainy most of the day, but is supposed to be clear from here on out.

I had planned on trying for a new PR, but my running buddy injured her back this week, so we are going to just run and see what happens.  We might be slower, but we will be together (she stuck with me last fall for my first marathon even though she had run one before and could have gone faster) because it's more fun to support each other and cross the finish line at the same time!

So....I need to sign off the computer and get to bed early, even though it won't guarantee a long sleep.  That's what post run naps are for! 

If you think of me tomorrow at 7 a.m., say a little prayer for me and my fellow running comrades  That's right, just me and a few thousand of my closest friends on a little neighborhood run......

No comments:

Post a Comment