Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The day the laundry nearly killed me

Well, it was just a matter of time.  I always knew it would be the end of me ;)


Yesterday, at approximately 7:58 a.m, while switching a load of clothes between the washer and the dryer, my back spasmed and sent me sliding directly to the floor, where I stayed for about 1.2 minutes.

For those of you who know me well, it is a dire situation for me to by lying on the linoleum floor.

I managed to crawl my way back up and into the kitchen and get the kids on the bus in time.

I proceeded to lay flat on my back for an hour while I watched "The Bible" all the while contemplating whether or not I could get in to work for the day.

I ended up in bed for the rest of the day.  And day two is shaping up that way, too.

The good news is that school was cancelled for snow that hasn't even begun to arrive, and my husband is working from home, so I have companions for the day.

Perhaps someone will take pity and bring me a Pop Tart in bed.

And take over the laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment