Monday, February 18, 2013
Eighteen things......
For your reading pleasure on February 18th, (and because I have not blogged consistently in months, therefore lots of random is available to choose from) I humbly present the following:
1) The kids have Presidents' Day off from school today. I'm sure if Lincoln and Washington and all the others were around to observe, they would be impressed at all the TV watching and IPod playing that goes on during their day of celebration.
2) I bought new running shoes Friday night - try not to be blinded by those lily white legs.
3) I have officially given up on perfecting the cinnamon roll and will leave that to the good folks at Cinnabon - here is why:
No matter what/how long I try, the dough spreads OUT rather than UP. They shall be like pie crust - DEAD TO ME. Honestly, stick with monkey bread - all the same taste, none of the tears.
4) I am ready for spring. But I do try to remember that winter does have its own type of beauty....
5) The sun is shining today which makes a winter day more bearable.
6) If you haven't gotten a chance to read this girl's new book yet, you are just deprived.
7) Hasten to a book store, or Amazon to purchase!
8) I have a job. And I can't remember if I blogged about it. It's part-time, and eventually I will be working from home.
9) I won't blog much more than this about my job, due to company privacy issues and all that other legal stuff.
10) But I'm thankful this particular opportunity worked out.
11) And they love when I bring in treats to work. They are threatening to not let me work from home.
10) Speaking of all things sweet, we celebrated a birthday here!
11) Next time, I will pipe the icing on each layer, rather than trying to frost and then stack - a messy endeavor indeed, considering the time crunch I was under.
12) Due to Number 8, I have much less time to spend at Target. And that makes the hubby happy.
13) Me, not so much.
14) You can clean your house so much that is sparkles, or just enough to keep the health department at arms' length. At the end of the day, the house will look the same. Pick the way that makes you feel better.
15) Same goes for laundry.
16) I miss outdoor running! But not enough to bundle up in 6 different layers.
17) "Once Upon A Time" is really and truly a great show.
18) When you sit down to blog about 18 things, you think it will be a lot easier than it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Love Melanie's book, too! My momma is the queen of pie crust. She can't help you with cinnamon rolls (long live Cinnabon!), but she can on pie crust!
ReplyDeleteK - save the book for me? Less time for Target maybe, but MORE $$ - truly a dilemma! And, what's an idea for Kevin's bday and did we give Peyton the cupig? If not, what's an idea for Peyton's bday?
ReplyDelete